11.3.08

Handy hints

Will it work, did it work?

Lesley says; 'its always good to have some idea beforehand of what you want to achieve- do you want 50 new people to come and be really interested or just to introduce the message to 200? So, if none of that happened maybe there are reasons for this ( like it being Easter and everyone is away) which next time you could change. Stats are important anyway so if you could keep a record of who came, how many DVDs were taken and how many other materials, that sort of thing, it would really help to see the bigger picture and you could find out later if what you did worked!'

Keeping it Personal
Lesley says; my experience is that this always seems to work best. I was talking recently to a group of women from different ethnic backgrounds to do with my work and after the work related business got settled we started chatting about religions and world peace - they invited me to their local place of worship for some nice food. After a bit they invited me to share Prem Rawat's message. I asked if I could bring someone else to speak, who I said was much more qualified than I was, but they said they would rather just me because they knew me now.

Helen says; 'We all know someone – whether it’s down the pub, at the mother and toddler group, or at the exercise class – and what’s more these people know and like us. Because these people already know us, they’re more likely to trust us. So when you’re trustworthy – whatever you tell your friends about – they’re more likely to receive the information positively.Whether it’s a new gadget, a piece of music, or information about Prem Rawat/Maharaji. That doesn’t mean they want it for themselves – but they will politely accept the information – and may know someone who is interested.

Other people have been able to put on formal events and invited dignitaries because they knew someone, or knew someone who knew someone!

No comments: