23.3.08

Tameside Independence Day

Ashton Town Hall
12/3/08
This was an event organised by the Tameside Third Sector Coalition, which is part of Tameside and is there to assist groups to develop and function in the region.
We were invited to this event and were offered a stall, which we accepted and organised a display.
The people who came were mostly 50 years of age and over but the general public were also invited.
I used the Manchester display boards and handed out free dvd's to all who showed an interest. We had all four types of dvd's
  • You Got it
  • Designed For Joy
  • Hindi and Dual Language
Only one person I spoke to had heard about Prem Rawat and she took a dvd. Few people showed no interest and the rest were happy to listen and take a dvd to watch at home.
I was also requested for an interview on Tameside Radio. They asked basic questions of who I was, what I was doing and who I represented, etc.
The Asian Age Concern group have invited me to their meeting later this month.
I have also been requested to give my group a name and register it with the library, so that we can be invited to other events that Tameside organise.
A successful event and very enjoyable. I would like to thank the Manchester team for the lone of the display boards and the dvd's

No comments: