5.4.08

Ilkley Complementary Medicine Fair

29th & 30th March
The Ilkley fair takes place twice a year and is one of the premier complementary health shows in the north. This is the second time we have had a stand and we are now starting to be recognised by the other stall holders and people attending. The feedback has been very positive. Several people helped this time and the following is a report, with quotes, from two of them.

Carolyn
We had a very simple stand with "Peace is a Feeling" backdrop, DVDs, leaflets, a TV with DVD playing quotes. I was wondering if our stand was a bit old compared with others but a stall holder made a point of saying how much he liked it and how the message "Peace is a feeling" was really striking. I realised then, that although there is always room for improvement, it really is the feeling that counts.
The atmosphere at the fair was really warm with pleasant interaction between stall holders. We were upstairs where the refreshments were served, so people were constantly drifting past and many stopped and read the message on the backdrop. Most took a DVD or leaflet and some really positive comments were made. Quite a few people recognised Maharaji's face and said they had seen him on TV and some remembered us from last time. One lady said that she had taken a DVD at the last fair and had just got round to watching it and asked if there was any more so I gave her Introduction to the Keys. She also said she would like to attend events in Hebden Bridge and gave me her contact details. I also met an Asian man who said he was an artist in Bradford and was working with groups interested in peace. He took a DVD and gave me his email address as he felt that we may be able to work together in some way. So many lovely exchanges happened.
One woman remarked on how everyone else was selling something and we were giving DVD’s away and she thanked us for that and smiled so sweetly and took a DVD.
I think I speak for everyone who helped, we all had a very enjoyable time and it felt really good to help in this way and witness the magic that can happen with propagation.

Mick
These are some comments that people made:

One guy said "I watch Maharaji on TV and I think Maharaji is wonderful and we need more like him and less like George Bush." He took a DVD.

“I took a DVD the day before," one stand exhibitor said, “ I was blown out by Maharaji Saying 'I CAN HELP'”.

“I’m from Scarborough and have seen Maharaji on TV and he is wonderful." When she watches Majaraji on TV, she feels the heat projecting from the television, (I hope she keeps a fire extinguisher close by!) but I knew what she meant. They asked how we get to see him, the other lady was from Lincoln, and I explained how they could get an invite. They both accepted a DVD.

One man, from the healing exhibition stand stated, “peace starts within individuals, not in society,” and agreed with what Maharaji says.

Another said, when I asked him if he wanted a DVD, “No Thanks, I do Tai Chi.”
“Well," I replied, "there's always room for improvement,” (tongue in cheek). He immediately replied “give me a DVD.”

I had fun and the feeling is always sweet, look forward to doing more.
Driving home I just felt beautifully humbled and so proud to be involved with Maharaji.


No comments: